Avient product stewardship is designed to enhance our company’s business conduct consistent with applicable regulatory requirements and industry standards. It is an important factor in protecting our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate.
Our team of professionals has a deep working knowledge of major, global product regulatory compliance programs and special market requirements, taking an active approach to global compliance communication across all aspects of our operations.
At Avient, we are focused on providing our customers with the highest levels of service and are dedicated to meeting our customer’s need for regulatory support and global regulatory compliance. We continually monitor global regulations to stay current with the needs of our customers. Our customer support activities include:
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) /US Department of Agriculture (USDA) compliance support
- National Sanitary Foundation (NSF), Underwriters Laboratory (UL), and other 3rd party product certifications
- Compliance with National Inventories including United States Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), Canadian Domestic / Non-Domestic Substances Listings (DSL /NDSL), etc.
- REACH – European Legislation on Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemical.
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) and Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) electronics compliance
- End of Life-Vehicle (ELV) automotive compliance and data entry into the International Material Database System (IMDS)
- Hazardous Communication including safety data sheets (SDS) and labeling
- Environmental impact and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) compliance requirements (permitting and reporting) under federal and state programs such as the TSCA, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Act (SARA), etc.
- Compliance with U.S. Consumer Product Safety Improvement A (CPSIA)
- Generating regulatory compliance documentation including:
- CONEG (Coalition of Northeastern Governors) Model Toxics in Packaging Legislation
- BSE (Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy) /TSE (Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy)
- California Proposition 65
- European Food Contact
- Individual Customer Restricted Substance lists
- ASTM F963, EN71, AS1647 Toy Safety Standards
- Health Branch Canada Submission
- Drug Master Files
- Medical Application Files
- Food and Drug Administration Certification
- Government of Canada Challenge for Chemical Substances – Batch list review
- Bisphenol A (BPA) Review
For assistance with product stewardship and regulatory compliance, please contact your local Avient sales office or customer service representative.